It can be a daunting task when you’re trying to find the perfect baby monitor, so you can relax peacefully, in the knowledge that your baby’s safe and sound asleep in their cot or crib.Angelcare Ac401 could be the right baby monitor for your needs.
Angelcare AC401 Baby Monitor Review
With the Angelcare AC401 the biggest worries of parents are taken care with this multifunctional baby monitor unit, you can use this baby monitor as a breathing sound monitor, movement monitor, and it’s portable, so you can carry it with you on the go.
What you get in the box:
- 1 x Under-the-mattress Sensor Pad
- 1 x Parent unit
- 1 x Nursery unit
- 1 x Charging cradle
- 2 x AC adaptors
- 4 x AAA rechargeable batteries for Parent Unit
- Instruction manual
- 4 x AAA standard batteries for nursery unit need to be purchased separately
The movement sensor on the Angelcare monitor is cleverly designed to sit comfortably under the mattress. Constantly monitoring the movements of your baby and alerting you when he/she hasn’t moved for 20 seconds.
Angelcare Ac401 Baby Monitor Features
The sound monitor is tremendous, as other interference around the house doesn’t affect it. Quite often microwaves, mobile phones, television sets, or wifi devices can leave you lying listening to nothing more than static. An annoying trait among many a baby monitor, and a welcoming feature to the Angelcare AC401 model. The sound pad hones in on your babies breathing and lets you hear every murmur, wherever you are in the house.
The portable handheld unit of the Angelcare monitor is cleverly designed to simply clip to your belt and take on the go with you. Perfect when you need to go out and hang the washing or any other tasks you need to get done.
- Monitor your baby’s every move with the under mattress sensor pad
- Sounds an alarm when no movement is detected after 20 seconds
- Use it with batteries or power it with the AC adapter
- An optional tick sound to alert you that the movement sensor pad is detecting movements
- 8 channels to choose from, minimizing interference
- Automatic battery backup function, in the event of a power outage
- Low battery indicator
- Choice between voice activation or continuous sound reception.
- Parent unit lets you see the temperature of the room
- Optional vibration setting on the parent unit
In the early days of parenthood, you need something that will let you a peaceful night’s sleep, knowing your baby is safe and sound. That’s where the comforting ticking function on the Angelcare AC401 is going to come in handy. You can relax with the comforting sound, to let you know your baby is breathing soundly and movement is being detected.
Baby Movement Feature
With variable settings, you can choose to use the ticking monitor, sound monitor, movement monitor or combine all 3 settings and monitor everything, from the one unit.
Baby Monitor Specifications
- Temperature displayed in Celsius degree
- Variable settings for ticking/movement/sound mode, or a combination of all 3
- Portable rechargeable parent unit, clip to your belt and monitor your baby on the go
- Enjoy crystal clear sound transmission and security with the unique combination of 8 channels and 2 frequencies
- Full colour digital display, batteries or mains operated
- Model Number: AC5401
- Item Weight: 2 Kg
- Product Dimensions: 26.8 x 26 x 11.6 cm
- Target gender: Unisex
- Batteries required: Yes
With easy to understand, on screen displays, you can see at a glance everything you need to know. The ticking sound mode lets you know movement is constantly being detected, and an alarm to alert you when it doesn’t detect movement.
Baby Monitor On the go
As parents are always on the go, you can take advantage of the portable handheld monitor that lets you clip it to your belt around your waist and monitor your baby, while you’re getting on with all your other chores.
Good Points of the Angelcare AC401 Baby Monitor
- Clear sound quality
- Portable handheld unit
- Mains or battery operated
- Easy to use
- Variable settings for individual monitoring, or combine all 3 settings to keep an eye on everything you need to
- Minimized static sounds with multi-channel frequencies
- No 2 way talk back
- Doesn’t play lullabies on the baby unit
- Sensor pad doesn’t work well with wooden slats
- Prone to switching itself off during the night, or when there’s no activity for 2 hours
- Has a tendency to lose connection intermittently, so the signal strength could be better
- Thick concrete walls will affect the communication between the parent and baby unit
Bad Points of Angelcare AC401 Baby Monitor
The main problem is using the sensor pad with cots that have wooden slats. There is a workaround though. When you unpack the Angelcare AC401 baby monitor, at the top of the box, there’s a small square piece of cardboard. Don’t chuck that out, as it’s the perfect size to fit under the mattress, and rest the sensor pad on it securely.
Why buy the Angelcare AC401 Baby Monitor
Given the multifunction of the Angelcare monitor, it’s perfectly suited to monitor everything you need to from newborn to toddlers. With the Angelcare AC401 you’ll be able to rest assured in the knowledge that you’re baby is safe for years to come.