For those of you with a larger house, or even a long garden, and your baby’s nursery on the upper floor, there’s nothing going to be more important in your safety equipment than having the power to monitor your baby from anywhere in the house.
That’s what the Angelcare AC1100 monitor is designed to do. Boasting a long distance range of 200 metres, it’s ideal for the larger home, long running garden and comes with over 60 channels preset (with auto channel select, to find you the best frequency with minimal interference).
Angelcare Ac1100 Monitor Review
Here’s the main features of the Angelcare AC1100 monitor
- Movement sensor
- 3-in-1 baby monitor displays HD video of baby and detects sound and movement.
- Crystal clear transmission
- Under-the-mattress Sensor Pad – Alarm sounds if baby is still for 20 seconds
- Portable rechargeable parent unit
- Talk back function
- Item Weight: 1.9 Kg
- Product Dimensions: 32 x 11.5 x 27.5 cm
- Batteries: 3 AAA batteries required. (included)
- Standing screen display size: 2.75 inches
Things are starting to look better at this point. So next on the agenda is to find out how easy it is to use the Angelcare AC1100 baby monitor.
It is actually fairly simple to get it up and operational. The full instructions are set out in a user-friendly way to help you get the unit set up. The position of the camera can be tricky when you’re attaching it to a cot, so you can watch your baby on the Angelcare AC1100 video movement & sound monitor, to detect even the slightest of movements, look at the monitor and be sure that everything’s fine.
Angelcare Ac1100 Monitor with Pan/Tilt Function
What would be better is if the Angelcare AC1100 monitor came with a tripod stand. Many parents who use this, find that attaching the unit to the tripod gives a better coverage and ability to zoom and angle the camera around.
Unfortunately, the Angelcare AC1100 monitor doesn’t come included with a tripod, so you may be best to invest in one of those, for ease of using the camera.
All that aside though, there’s plenty of positive aspects you’ll find with the baby monitor Angelcare AC1100 unit.
What we like about the Angelcare Ac1100 Monitor
- Full HD video baby monitor
- HD 15 FPS camera for picture clarity
- Movement detection
- Sound detection
- Can clip to your belt for portability
- Baby monitor can be zoomed 100% and you can remotely move the camera from the parent unit
- Digital touch screen lets you control everything on the baby monitor right from the parent unit
- 2.4GHz sound transmission gives sound clarity
- More than 60 channels to find a frequency that’s perfect for your home (auto selects the best)
- Under the mattress sensor pad included to detect your babys movements
- 20 second no-movement alarm
- Variable sensitivity settings
- Long range of 200 metres
- Adjustable sound levels
- Has a halo on the baby monitor which acts as a cosy nightlight
- Both units can be operated with mains or batteries
As you can see with the baby monitor Angelcare AC1100 there’s a lot of factors been considered in the design of the product.
Things to lookout in the Angelcare Ac1100
Everything can be controlled from the main parent unit, without you having to take a trip upstairs or into the nursery to adjust the volume or the brightness. In fact, there’s even a night vision on the Angelcare AC1100 monitor that will switch automatically on dependent on the light conditions.
One of the other things that’s highly commendable on the Angelcare AC1100 monitor is that it uses preset channels, and plenty of them. Scans itself automatically and finds the best channel for you, minimizing the interference.
Giving you the option to tweak the sound, movement and video settings, all from the parent unit is something that’s been improved on from previous models. The Angelcare AC1100 video movement & sound baby monitor gives you the option to tweak every setting .
Good/Bad Points of the Baby Video Monitor
- Battery life lasts up to 8 hours on full charge
- Can take quite a few tweaks until you find the right sensitivity settings that will work for your needs
- Thicker internal wall structures will deteriorate the sound quality
- Tricky to position and would be better suited to a tripod stand. That’s not included with the Angelcare AC1100 video movement & sound baby monitor
- Only comes with one charging cradle, with no option to purchase additional. Would be better to have one for the baby monitor and the parent unit
- Zoom function only gives 2 options. Wide or close, so that would be better if there was more options
With only 1 charging cradle, you’re going to have to charge the both units separately, which can be an inconvenience. All it would take is for Angelcare to release charging cradles for separate purchase to address this.
Final Say on the Angelcare Ac1100 Baby Video Monitor
It’s the perfect solution for monitoring your baby’s every move. From hearing every sound they make, being alerted when there’s movement in the cot or crib and the ability to tweak the settings to your desired level, makes the Angelcare AC1100 monitor an ideal solution for many a parent.
Given the drawback of homes, which have thicker internal wall structures, you’ll need to consider that as it will affect the range you get with baby monitor.
Asides from that, the baby monitor Angelcare AC1100 model, gives you the ability to monitor your baby’s room via the video monitor, hear the sounds your baby makes and know when they’re awake and need you to tend to them.
The Angelcare AC1100 monitor gives you complete peace of mind that your baby is safe in the comfort of their cot/crib in the nursery or bedroom, and it’s something you’ll benefit from tremendously.