Summer Baby Monitor with Digital Video Camera
For parents living in large house, the Summer baby monitor, with video is going to be a blessing in disguise. It’s going to give you the ability to get on with your daily routine, knowing for certain that your baby is fine, safe and sound, in the comfort of their nursery, crib, or cot.
The parent unit is extremely light and compact, so it’s ideal for slipping into your pocket, while you get on with everything else you need to do, throughout the day. With clear sound that alerts you, the instant your baby stirs.
Summer Baby Monitor Alerts You
The video screen on the Summer baby monitor, although fairly small, it’s clear and lets you see what’s happening wherever your baby is. Not every sound your baby makes means you have to run upstairs and tend to them. Quite often, that’s not a necessary trip, as your baby could just be dreaming. If you don’t have the video, you’d think their awake, and go to change them, feed them or bathe him/her.
With the Summer infant video monitor, that’s a trip you can save yourself, as you’ll see on the screen if your baby is awake or just having sweet dreams.
What’s in the box
- Parent Unit
- Video camera
- 2 adapters
While it doesn’t seem to be much you get with the Summer baby monitor, this is actually better for you, as the setting up couldn’t be any simpler. Charge the parent unit, position the camera and plug it all in. That’s your Summer infant video baby monitor, set up and ready to use.
The key features and tech specs of the Summer Baby Monitor
- Weight: 1.1KG
- Product dimensions: 24 x 12 x 24 cm
- Video sensor
- Audio sensor
- Stylish 6.4cm colour video tilt display with automatic black and white night vision
- 2.4GHz Digital technology for superbly clear view of baby
- If paired with an additional camera (not included) auto scan feature scans between different rooms
- Rechargeable batteries included to last up to 10 hours (2 AC adaptors also included)
- Visual sound lights on parent unit with volume control
While the battery life claims to have 10 hours of use on a full charge, parents using the Summer infant baby touch digital video monitor, do state that this lasts much longer than that. A clever feature on the parent unit is that the Summer video monitor, will automatically turn itself off after a couple of minutes, preserving the battery life. You can simply push the button anytime you want to check on your baby though.
The sound clarity is superb on this model, and it covers a range of around 20 metres. So it’s perfect if you’ve got a large house, and even works tremendously well, with buildings that have concrete walls. Something that can reduce the range of many a baby monitor.
The Summer infant digital video monitor does everything it’s designed to do, and you count it to be reliable.
A couple of drawbacks you might find though:
- Small Screen but ideal for carrying around the house.
What some people find is that Wi-Fi connections can interfere with the unit. In particular wireless routers. Depending on the frequency, you may need to alter your router to a different frequency, should the interference become too strong. The alternative is just to make sure that you don’t position the Summer baby monitor in close proximity to any wireless router.
The only other minor issue is the small screen. It’s only a couple of inches in size, but it will show you a clear picture of what your baby is up to. The only way this can be a drawback is when you’re looking for a baby monitor that lets you take pictures of your baby, however, for just for monitoring, which is what the Summer baby monitor is designed to do, it does exactly what it says on the box. That said, you can pair the Summer infant video monitor with additional cameras, and use the scan feature to switch between different rooms, around your home.
Good Points of Summer baby monitor
- Long range of 20 metres
- Clear sound quality
- Sharp images on the Summer infant video monitor
- Lightweight for portability
- Night vision that works superbly
- Easy to install
- Super light in weight so it’s great for using on the go
- Converts to a black/white picture mode automatically, dependent on light conditions in the room the cameras placed, ensuring you get a clear picture in any brightness.
- The camera can be extended to a total of 4 cameras, so it’s the perfect baby monitor for families with more than one child
- Interference with Wi-Fi
- Battery pack has been reported for not taking a charge after a few months of use, so not the most reliable of baby monitors
- The picture quality is good, but you may find yourself using the zoom feature to get the best picture
- Limited range of up to 20 metres
What we don’t like about the Summer Baby Monitor
That last part there is often a necessity. For getting your baby to sleep during the day, quite often black out blinds are installed, so that the sunlight isn’t going to disturb your baby’s naptime. With the night vision on the Summer baby video monitor, your parent unit will switch to black and white, letting you see how your baby is doing, even in the darkest of environments. It eliminates the need to continually turn the light on to check on your baby, which probably will awaken them.
Busy parents, living in large houses, who need a baby monitor, with “as-it-happens” pictures, and sound, you can’t go wrong with the Summer baby monitor. It’s slim and secure, letting you go about your daily routine, without having to keep running up and down the stairs to check on your baby. The Summer baby monitor will let you see everything you need to, while the sound quality will let you hear the instant your baby needs your attention.